1. When preparing for a certification audit, the team identifies in the local news paper that the site that will be audited is receiving many labour claims. The country where the site is located has no specific regulation on this topic. What should be the legal framework considered as applicable to this assessment and what cross checks, pieces of information would you as an auditor try to obtain?
2. In your opinion what are to two most relevant contributions to the SDGs delivered by a ProTerra certification (a link to the SDGs and its relation to ProTerra Standard has been provided at the introduction of Day 1)?
Please respond and further discuss with your colleagues by commenting on their posts.
For certification under this Standard, areas of native
vegetation cannot have been cleared or converted into agricultural
areas, or used for industrial or other commercial purposes, after
2008, in particular the following:
• Primary Forests (for instance, rainforests);
• Riparian Vegetation;
• Steep slopes;
• High above-ground carbon stocks, and
• Other as defined by the High Conservation Values Resource
Network (HCV 1 to 6).