ProTerra Foundation, Executive Director
We are pleased to announce that Veronica Rubio is the new Executive Director of the ProTerra Foundation.
Veronica Rubio is a Lawyer specialized in international trade and human rights. For the last 17 years, she has worked in promoting sustainable supply chains, social corporate responsibility and small farmers’ access to the international fair-trade markets.
She has experience in the social and environmental sustainability arena and supporting the retail sector in developing its human rights due diligence strategy. Veronica will help the organization to grow, as we strive to position the ProTerra Standard as the preferred choice when tackling sustainability in the food supply chain.
ProTerra Foundation, Administrative Manager
Alexia organizes all administrative duties and works closely with the financial department of the ProTerra Foundation, communicating actively with Network Members and developing new opportunities within the industry.
The ProTerra Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic development of the ProTerra Foundation, overseeing day-to-day activities, finances and ensuring compliance of internal guidelines and assuring credibility of the Standard and the certification process.
ProTerra Foundation, Chairman of the Board
Director, Global Sustainability Market
FoodChain ID Group
Porto Alegre, Brazil & Augsburg, Germany
Royal Agrifirm Group
Agrifirm Group BV
President AgroTrace S.A. Geneva, Switzerland
Board Member of Verband Lebensmittel ohne Gentechnik (VLOG) Berlin, Germany
President & CEO
FoodChain ID Group
Fairfield, IA, U.S.A.
Willem Piet van den Berg
Maasland, The Netherlands
CERTIFICATION AND STANDARD COMMITTEE
A vital element to ensure the robustness of the ProTerra certification programme is the Certification and Standard Committee which is responsible for:
- Periodical revision and updating of the ProTerra Standard; adhering to the ISEAL Guidelines for Standard Setting
- Approval of certification bodies
- Proper implementation of the ProTerra Certification scheme and the integrity program
- The correct handling of complaints related to the implementation of the ProTerra Certification scheme
The Certification and Standard Committee consists of representatives from organisations of the agricultural value chain (including consumers, retailers, distributors, manufacturers of consumer products, traders, processors of raw agricultural commodities as well as agricultural producers).
Members of the Certification and Standard Committee:
- Juliana Lopes, Sustainability Director, Amaggi Group, Brazil
- João Shimada, Research Associate, Earth Innovation Institute, USA
- Verginia Guazzelli, Quality System Director, FoodChain ID Brazil
- Deise Caron, Quality System Manager, FoodChain ID Brazil
- Dr. Alice Correa Ferlin, external consultant to the Certification and Standard Committee
WE ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR QUESTIONS
Tel: +32 473 18 25 03
Tel: +35 191 5874439
Cel: +55 51 9117-8541
Tel: +31 30 3200228
Tel: +49 17610175341