ProTerra Foundation, Executive Director
We inform that Veronica Rubio, Executive Director of the ProTerra Foundation, has decided to leave the organisation at the end of this month of May.
The Board of the ProTerra Foundation regrets and respects this decision. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms Rubio for her excellent professional work and dedication in the past months and look forward to the cooperation with her as an external consultant.
The new Executive Director of Proterra Foundation is going to be announced in the second half of July 2019”
ProTerra Foundation, Administrative Manager
Alexia organizes all administrative duties and works closely with the financial department of the ProTerra Foundation, communicating actively with Network Members and developing new opportunities within the industry.
The ProTerra Board of Directors is responsible for the strategic development of the ProTerra Foundation, overseeing day-to-day activities, finances and ensuring compliance of internal guidelines and assuring credibility of the Standard and the certification process.
ProTerra Foundation, Chairman of the Board
Director, Global Sustainability Market
FoodChain ID Group
Porto Alegre, Brazil & Augsburg, Germany
President & CEO
FoodChain ID Group
Fairfield, IA, U.S.A.
Royal Agrifirm Group
Agrifirm Group BV
President AgroTrace S.A. Geneva, Switzerland
Willem Piet van den Berg
Maasland, The Netherlands
CERTIFICATION AND STANDARD COMMITTEE
A vital element to ensure the robustness of the ProTerra certification programme is the Certification and Standard Committee which is responsible for:
- Periodical revision and updating of the ProTerra Standard; adhering to the ISEAL Guidelines for Standard Setting
- Approval of certification bodies
- Proper implementation of the ProTerra Certification scheme and the integrity program
- The correct handling of complaints related to the implementation of the ProTerra Certification scheme
The Certification and Standard Committee consists of representatives from organisations of the agricultural value chain (including consumers, retailers, distributors, manufacturers of consumer products, traders, processors of raw agricultural commodities as well as agricultural producers).
Members of the Certification and Standard Committee:
- Fabiana Reguero, Socio-environmental Manager, Amaggi Group, Brazil
- João Shimada, Research Associate, Earth Innovation Institute, USA
- Verginia Guazzelli, Quality System Director, FoodChain ID Brazil
- Deise Caron, Quality System Manager, FoodChain ID Brazil
- Dr. Alice Correa Ferlin, external consultant to the Certification and Standard Committee