Why not join the likes of Alpro and ADM and other industry heavyweights and become a ProTerra Network Member
The ProTerra certification expands ADM’s supply chain capabilities both inside and outside of the EU region. We are pleased to be able to offer customers ProTerra-certified products, and we look forward to working with ProTerra as we continue to work to meet our sustainability goals.
Albrecht Baetge, ADM sustainability manager, Europe.
ProTerra offers two levels of membership
1 Full Membership
Full membership of ProTerra is designed for companies active in agricultural production, processing, trade and distribution who wish to improve sustainability and traceability within their business. They share a common vision with ProTerra; that sustainable production and responsible sourcing is key to preserve biodiversity and valuable habitats to future generations and to improve food security worldwide, whilst assuring a long-term profitable business.
2 Associate Membership
Associate Membership of ProTerra is designed for business associations, certification bodies, consumer and environment organisations, financial institutions and other organisations and individuals sharing the common vision of ProTerra; that sustainable production and responsible sourcing are key to preserve biodiversity and valuable habitats to future generations and to improve food security worldwide. They contribute by raising awareness, lobbying for a positive legal framework and informing consumers.
Drivers for becoming a ProTerra Network Member includes:
- Reputation and brand image (enhancement of brand image and reputation, sometimes the biggest asset of a company);
- Investor expectations – huge media attention informing consumers about these issues (avoid negative exposure);
- Legislative requirements, management of risk and liability, opportunities for environmental efficiencies & cost reduction;
- Robust manner to defining climate change contribution and strategy – ongoing trends of increasing awareness of sustainability issues for sourcing raw materials .
- “Responsible business can be profitable business”.
ProTerra Network Membership can give your business a number of benefits including:
- Improved profile – Show commitment to the ProTerra Vision by using the ProTerra logo in corporate communications; websites, annual reports and promotional material
- Industry recognition – ProTerra regularly reports success stories on the ProTerra website, in newsletters, seminars and conferences and your story can be included
- Discounted fees to ProTerra’s worldwide Events and Training
- Participation – Be closely involved in the continuous improvements of the ProTerra Standard and ProTerra’s services
- Affiliation – Options to partner with ProTerra at industry conferences, fairs and events
- Awareness – Receive up-to-date news and information about latest developments in the sector
- Industry confidence – Use the ProTerra seal on products to demonstrate compliance with sustainability and non-GMO claims (based on separate contract)
- Support – ProTerra helps with internal and external sustainability reports by providing verified statistics*
*services available to full members