Home Forums ProTerra Auditor Training Course ProTerra V4.1 – Forum Activity to Day 1 Reply To: ProTerra V4.1 – Forum Activity to Day 1

Alice
Keymaster

You are correct and I would reinforce that in the absence of regulations in a country, ProTerra and all it requirements should be used as reference. This can be relevant when auditing in developing countries.

One important aspect that I consider during an audit, aside from interviews with workers as mentioned, is observing work conditions (safety measures in place, usage of PPE – personnel protective equipment). I am attaching a link will relevant technical considerations in relation to environmental and health and safety associated to agriculture for information.
https://www.ifc.org/wps/wcm/connect/766c4c6e-e4b1-41ef-a980-3610bce404e8/Annual+Crop+Production+EHS+Guidelines_2016+FINAL.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=lfe82iC

I my personal view, this second question is difficult question to answer ( and there is no correct answer). All SDG are relevant and meeting all of them together is what could make this world sustainable. I believe the key message ProTerra Foundation wants to leave here is that ProTerra Standard has a role to play in helping SDG. But it is good the see the different perspectives considering country specific experience.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Alice.